Cooling Safety Gear
- Hard Hat Pad w/ Neck ShadeSKU: 969-Navy
- HARD HAT TERRY TOPPER SWEATBAND: 870: SNAP ON HARD HAT SWEATBANDSKU: 870As Low As $2.00
- MiraCool BandanaSKU: 940 SeriesAs Low As $1.23
- ML Kishigo Hard Hat Sun ShadeSKU: 2810-Lime / 2813-OrangeAs Low As $6.22
- ML Kishigo Baseball CapSKU: 2854-Lime / 2855-OrangeAs Low As $10.97
People who work on road or construction crews do not need a reminder that the temperatures can climb extremely high in the summer months. If you do not account for a hot day where the sun’s rays are pounding down, you could end up with a potential health issue. A reflective safety cap is excellent for staying cool by keeping the heat from absorbing into your hat and causing you to overheat. In addition, a hard hat pad for the neck will shield your neck from the stinging rays of the sun.
The head and the neck are especially vulnerable to the rays, and sunburn is a common complaint in the warm weather months for construction workers. Even worse, the overheating can lead to sunstroke, a potentially life threatening condition. Regardless of the climate in which you work, it’s wise to protect your neck with a hard hat pad as the sun can be dangerous even if it is a cool day. Don’t wait until it’s hot to obtain these helpful tools, as the first days of hot weather can be some of the most difficult as you adjust to the changing conditions.